T&I did Secret Cinema – Back to the Future this past weekend. We had a great time dressing up in 50’s theme and running around Hill Valley.
Only one photo of us on the train there. The rest are coming on a disposable camera!
But I thought some tips for anyone going on the rest of the month would be helpful.
The site is located near Stratford and you can find it from this station rather then head to Hackney Wick. There isn’t any ‘show’ piece at Hackney Wick that you will miss.
- Take a picnic rug to secure a place at the front or along the sides (left is better than right) so that you can see everything that happens in the movie.
- It was 25degrees when we went and was lovely. The site is a bit windy and you will need a bit more coverage when the sun comes down. We took blankets to rug up in.
- The Enchantment Under the Sea dance is great fun. If you see people lining up to get in duck around the back, near the ladies toilets there is a back entrance!
- Eating in Joe’s Diner. The burgers are served elsewhere so if you just want a quick experience purchase a milkshake as the queue is just for food.
- Bring a real camera or buy a disposable near the broadcasting/dj booth.
- Familiarise yourself with the characters and if you see them walking around follow them. They are probably about to re-enact a scene from the movie!
Have a great time x